DIF Capital Partners (“DIF”), through its DIF Core Infrastructure Fund I (“DIF CIF”) is pleased to announce that it has entered into a joint venture with Cinia Oy (”Cinia”) to build fiber-to-the-home (“FttH”) networks in Finland.
The joint venture (“Adola”) plans to provide over 100,000 FttH connections to public, private and commercial customers with a focus on Finland’s underserved areas and operates under the consumer brand Täyskuitu (please refer to www.tayskuitu.fi for more information). FttH networks are a key element to enable digital development in business and society, and keep up pace with global digitalization developments. The joint venture with Cinia underlines DIF CIF’s key strategic focus to invest in digital infrastructure. The first project is expected to become operational in the first half of 2020.
DIF’s share in Adola amounts to 80.1%. The remaining 19.9% is held by Cinia, a public Finnish telecom infrastructure provider that owns and operates roughly 15,000 km of fiber optic backbone network in Northern Europe, including a high capacity submarine fiber cable to Germany.
“We are pleased to have established a long term co-operation with Cinia for the roll out of fiber in Finland. This is an excellent opportunity for DIF CIF to invest in high quality projects with a strong local partner and to further expand into the fast growing telecom infrastructure sector” comments Willem Jansonius, Head of DIF CIF.
About DIF Capital Partners
DIF is an independent infrastructure fund manager, with €6.0 billion of assets under management across eight closed-end infrastructure funds and several co-investment vehicles. DIF invests in greenfield and brownfield infrastructure assets located primarily in Europe, the Americas and Australasia through two complementary strategies:
- DIF Infrastructure funds target equity investments in public-private partnerships (PPP/PFI/P3), concessions, utilities and renewable energy projects with long-term contracted or regulated income streams.
- DIF CIF funds target equity investments in small to mid-sized infrastructure assets in the energy, transportation and telecom sectors with mid-term contracted income streams.
DIF has a team of over 135 professionals, based in nine offices located in Amsterdam (Schiphol), Frankfurt, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Paris, Santiago, Sydney and Toronto. Please visit www.dif.eu for further information.
Allard Ruijs, Partner
Cinia provides secure high-availability data network and software solutions. Our operations are based on our solid expertise in modern software development, data network technologies and critical operating environments. Our fiber optic network of roughly 15,000 kilometers, including the C-Lion1 submarine cable, enables the fastest data communications solutions to Central Europe and to markets in Asia and Eastern Europe. By combining our services with services of our partners, we can provide reliable and comprehensive solutions that help our customers write their own digital success stories. More information about Cinia: www.cinia.fi/en