Peter Nilsson has been appointed as the new CEO of Speed Group, a Swedish logistics and staffing services provider. After six years with the company, Catrin Wirfalk has chosen to leave Speed Group to pursue new challenges.
Peter Nilsson has extensive experience from senior positions in the logistics industry, most recently as Managing Director of DHL’s Norwegian and Swedish supply chain operations, and previously held various executive positions at Tetra Pak. Peter will assume his new role as CEO of Speed Group in October. Since Ratos’s acquisition, Peter has been a member of Speed Group’s Board of Directors, sharing his extensive expertise from the logistics industry. In July, Ingvar Nilsson took over as Chairman of Speed Group. Ingvar joined the Board from his role as Regional Director for Northern Europe at Schenker and, along with Peter, has strengthened the company’s expertise in the area of logistics.
“Over the past few years, Catrin and her colleagues have successfully developed Speed Group into a leading Swedish company in its market segment. Speed Group’s business model, which combines logistics services and specialised staffing, has given the company a competitive offering in areas which Peter, with his extensive experience, can further develop. We continue to see excellent potential in Speed Group’s business model and strong position in an attractive market niche,” says Henrik Joelsson, Investment Director at Ratos.
Ratos acquired 70% of the shares in Speed Group in 2015. The company’s founder owns the remaining 30%. The company has approximately 1000 employees and sales of SEK 536m for 2015.
For further information, please contact:
Elin Ljung, Head of Corporate Communications, +46 8 700 17 20
Henrik Joelsson, Investment Director, +46 8 700 17 47
– See more at: http://www.ratos.se/en/Press/Press-releases/2016/Ratos-AB-Peter-Nilsson-appointed-as-new-CEO-of-Speed-Group/#sthash.NIvTAqn5.dpuf